MAVERICK is looking for a rising PR star to join us as an Account Coordinator!
Do you have a creative and curious mind, exceptional writing skills, a keen eye for detail and a can-do attitude? Are you an up and coming media master who spends equal time with the paper (digital format counts!), on blogs and Twitter? Would you be excited for hands-on experience with a diverse range of B2B and B2C clients?
If public relations is your passion and you would like to work with a collaborative team in a place where you can learn and grow into a seriously kick ass communicator, this is the gig for you.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 6 months+ of relevant communications experience, ideally in an agency
- University degree in communications, journalism, marketing, PR, and/or a post-graduate PR certificate
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Account Management Support & Teamwork
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Adept at dealing with multiple clients and team members meeting their communications goals and priorities
- Ability to inspire confidence of others through a collaborative work style
- Media Relations
- Experience writing media materials and building media lists
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Canadian media landscape
- Must be comfortable with pitching media
- Online & Social Media
- Understanding of new and emerging social media channels
- Experience writing content for social media platforms, blogs and websites is advantageous
- Media Monitoring & Reporting
- Understanding of media monitoring tools
- Monitoring and tracking coverage and creating coverage reports
Think you have what it takes to be a MAVERICK? Email your resume along with why you think you’re a MAVERICK to Dana Sharman, Account Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AC Application – [YOUR NAME]”