Are you a news junkie with a passion for innovation?
MAVERICK is looking for a kick-ass Account Manager to join our team. This person is a corporate PR pro who can whip up a byline and secure coverage like nobody’s business – all while managing her/his client’s Twitter stream. Must haves include strategic planning skills and exceptional writing abilities.
If you’re committed and have a can-do attitude, we can provide hands-on experience in a unique, fun, and entrepreneurial agency where your ideas are appreciated and professional growth is a priority.
What you’ll do…
- A LOT of writing and editing, including contributed articles, strategic documents, and social media content.
- Managing and executing effective media relations strategies; this includes pitching journalists with unique and creative story ideas.
- Are you a planner? Because planning measurable communications activities are a key part of this position, including thought leadership programs, executive profiling, media relations, and content strategy.
- Like sharing your advice? Check. Counselling clients on challenges and opportunities, including messaging and content development, brand positioning, and issues management will be a big part of your role.
- A client service attitude is critical – you’ll be serving as a primary client contact on multiple accounts.
- Keeping the ship afloat – working with senior management to manage client budgets, invoicing and staffing.
What you’ll need…
- 5 years experience in a PR or Communications role working with corporate and B2B clients in tech, healthcare, financial and/or professional services. Agency experience preferred.
- PR, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism degree
- An equally proactive, strategic and creative mindset
- Experience managing and mentoring team members
- French language skills are an asset
Think you have what it takes to be a MAVERICK? Let us know why you’re the perfect fit and email your resume to Micha Goddard at email@example.com.